Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Kitchen Time - Kill Eel

So today I learned how to fillet fish. It's practice time. First my teacher Chef Arya Putra S. taught us how to fillet salmon and tuna. he showed us and then we can eat the raw salmon and tuna. he said that we are lucky because we get "ATLANTIC PREMIUM SALMON" we just eat the salmon and tuna with soy sauce. after that the hard part came. Mr. Arya showed us how to fillet the eel.
FIRST massage the eel and then peel the skin, SECOND slice the tummy, remove the intestine, liver, and vein. THIRD cut the head and tail. FOURTH fillet the bone.
At the first time I felt disgusted by the eel. but we need to do it as a chef. Soooo, ya I just did it.



The bones, tails and heads. Mr. Arya said that he would use the bones to make eel sauce



After cutting them we grilled the eels. Chef Arya grilled it for us and some of my friends helped him and I'm just eating

No comments:

Post a Comment